Out now – the new album
Made in Fiji
“So easy to get totally lost in this music, recommend for helping with your inner peace” – Andi Verse
Snake Beings & Dave Black in Fiji
This was one of the last in-person international collaborations from before the world ended… it’s got nothing to do with the pandemic.
The title ‘ruasagavulu’ means ‘twenty’ in Fijian, to kick off the new decade optimistically.
View this post on Instagram
Ni sa bula, and happy new decade from Fiji! I spent part of new year's day making ethnographic field recordings of these children drumming. They used plastic buckets, a paint tin and a beer bottle. Some samples might find their way into the forthcoming (as yet untitled) collaboration with @snakebeings following our recent recording session in Suva. https://fiffdimension.com/2019/11/05/snake-beings-in-fiji/ #ethnomusicology #fijimusic #newyearsday2020 #newzealandmusic #2020music #drumming #DIYmusic #workinprogress
a fusion of several genres and a DIY manifesto – “Pick up the pieces and make them into something new, it’s what we do…”
– founder of the Hamilton Underground Film Festival, composer, musician and electrical shrine maker – is a New Zealand / British experimental filmmaker and musician who has produced over 40 independently released film soundtrack CDs and made a number of short experimental and narrative films in Spain, U.K., India, Vietnam, and New Zealand.
Past projects include:
- / 2014 Maggotism International (on-going self-generating travelogue sound collage)
- / 2010 The construction of Karen Karnak (novel)
- / 2010 A D Normal Snakebeings Lake Train Temple
- / 2010 Oscillator Maggotman
- / 2004 Fracture Floor With Anthony Milton
- / 2003 Kaosphere Orchestra Circus Mutations
- / 2002 Kaosphere Orchestra Soundscapes For Alchemical Pilgrimage
- / 1999 Sinister Makes A Snakebeings Compilation
- / 1994 Horror FLutes International Instruments
- / 1991-1995 Film Soundtracks Of Snakebeings