Made in Suva, Fiji, the new album by Dave Black & Snake Beings
This is currently a pre-order work in progress, as some of the mixes will be refined and tracks over the next few weeks.
Instruments used included keyboards, ukulele, kitchen gamelan percussion, duduk, harmonica, and field recordings.
The title ‘ruasagavulu’ means ‘twenty’ in Fijian, to kick off the new decade.
Snake Beings and Dave Black in Fiji
A new sound for 2020 perhaps?
In the meantime have a listen to the ‘Ngumbang‘ album we made together in 2015 – a fusion of several genres and a DIY manifesto – “Pick up the pieces and make them into something new, it’s what we do…”
– founder of the Hamilton Underground Film Festival, composer, musician and electrical shrine maker – is a New Zealand / British experimental filmmaker and musician who has produced over 40 independently released film soundtrack CDs and made a number of short experimental and narrative films in Spain, U.K., India, Vietnam, and New Zealand.
Past projects include:
- / 2014 Maggotism International (on-going self-generating travelogue sound collage)
- / 2010 The construction of Karen Karnak (novel)
- / 2010 A D Normal Snakebeings Lake Train Temple
- / 2010 Oscillator Maggotman
- / 2004 Fracture Floor With Anthony Milton
- / 2003 Kaosphere Orchestra Circus Mutations
- / 2002 Kaosphere Orchestra Soundscapes For Alchemical Pilgrimage