Made in Suva, Fiji – the new album by Dave Black & Dr Emit Snake-Beings
“So easy to get totally lost in this music, recommend for helping with your inner peace” – Andi Verse
Meditative tropical avant-garde instrumentals for keyboards, ukulele, dholak, duduk, harmonicas, DIY kitchen gamelan, and video. This was one of the last in-person international collaborations from before the world ended.
This is currently a pre-order work in progress, as some of the mixes will be refined over the next few weeks.
The title ‘ruasagavulu’ means ‘twenty’ in Fijian, to kick off the new decade.
A new sound for 2020 perhaps?
In the meantime have a listen to the ‘Ngumbang‘ album we made together in 2015 – a fusion of several genres and a DIY manifesto – “Pick up the pieces and make them into something new, it’s what we do…”
We also made a new Indonesia-inspired electro-acoustic track for Other Islands 2012-2018:
And Other Islands 2012-2018 concluded with a Fijian folk song, inspired by my earlier visits to Fiji in 2016 and 2018
– founder of the Hamilton Underground Film Festival, composer, musician and electrical shrine maker – is a New Zealand / British experimental filmmaker and musician who has produced over 40 independently released film soundtrack CDs and made a number of short experimental and narrative films in Spain, U.K., India, Vietnam, and New Zealand.
Past projects include:
- 2015 – Ngumbang, in collaboration with fiffdimension’s Dave Black
- / 2014 Maggotism International (on-going self-generating travelogue sound collage)
- / 2010 The construction of Karen Karnak (novel)
- / 2010 A D Normal Snakebeings Lake Train Temple
- / 2010 Oscillator Maggotman
- / 2004 Fracture Floor With Anthony Milton
- / 2003 Kaosphere Orchestra Circus Mutations
- / 2002 Kaosphere Orchestra Soundscapes For Alchemical Pilgrimage
One thought on “Ruasagavulu – with Snake Beings in Fiji”